Q : Do you provide investment capital?
A : Yes. However, the Nxt Lvl Growth business model is based on the principle of enabling entrepreneurs and their businesses. Funding is part of the process, but we have to apply certain investment criteria in line with our investment mandate.
Q : What do you mean by enabling?
A : Within the context of the Nxt Lvl Growth Business Model, enabling means the creation, development of businesses in emerging markets. The Nxt Lvl Growth Business Model is structured to partner with and enable entrepreneurs on the premise that the entrepreneur has a great business concept or scalable business model. These entrepreneurs require specific support to get the business concept to reality, or the existing business through the next growth ceilings. Generally these entrepreneurs require support in finalising a detailed strategy and business plan, funding and execution capability.
Q : What is the typical timelines for investment?
A : – Due diligence and finalisation of contracts: Approximately 4 weeks, depending on availability of information.
– Development of an appropriate business Strategy: Approximately 4 weeks
– Development of a detailed business plan: Approximately 8 weeks
– Funding : Depending on the funding requirments, Nxt Lvl Growth will invest within 4 weeks, but if additional capital is required from our investment partners it can take anything from 4 to 6 months
– Execution support will commence immediately after funding is allocated for the duration of the implementation process until such time that all structures are in place and the appointed management team can take over the business.
– Investment management: investment management team will take up their board positions when applicable.
Q : What types of businesses do you enable?
A : We enable businesses that are scalable, that can be developed and grown into enterprises. We also enable businesses which will add significant value to the socio-economic challenges of economic regions. Generally, it would include infrastructure, technology, manufacturing, commodities and services businesses but not excluding other industries. Our main focus is to build enterprises that will provide game changing solutions to the Emerging market.
Q : What size businesses do you enable?
A : Size is not relevant. What is important is whether it will add value. Within the context of Nxt Lvl Growth we will engage with 2 categories businesses:
– Start-up Businesses in terms of their go-to-market strategies
– Early stage Businesses in terms if their growth strategies
Q : What is the minimum and maximum capital you will invest?
A : Nxt Lvl Growth won’t invest less than USD 250,000.
Q : How can I be certain that my business idea will be protected?
A : Nxt Lvl Growth complies with international corporate governance standards. On our website under the corporate governance section you will find a standard non disclosure agreement / confidentiality undertaking, which will be signed by all directors, owners, shareholders and suppliers as part of their contracts, which states that your business IP, business concept, etc. will be protected.
Q : What is your mandate for investment?
A : In short our enabling & investment mandate is to find, enable and execute businesses, in partnership with entrepreneurs in the emerging market, with profitable business ideas / concepts, or early stage businesses with business models that potentially have game changing solutions for the challenges they have in their communities.
Q : Are there any costs I have to carry in this process?
A : In some instances the entrepreneur will be responsible for our team’s travel & accommodation costs, but there are offices worldwide, so if there is an office close to you it might not be necessary. We take risk with the entrepreneur. We develop the business strategy and the detailed business plan, as well as raising capital at our risk.
Q : What is the process of engagement?
A : There are a couple of phases, namely:
1. Due diligence of the entrepreneur and business opportunity
2. Develop appropriate strategy for the business
3. Develop a detailed business plan
4. Determine funding requirements
5. Raising capital depending on the size of the business & funding requirements
6. Execution plan – the project team will be working with the entrepreneur
7. Investment management will commence
Q : Do you cover my country or region?
A : Nxt Lvl Growth’s footprint is across emerging markets with offices strategically positioned in Latin America, Africa, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.